Pi-hole DNS App for Splunk (pihole_dns_app)¶
This Splunk app is not affiliated with Pi-hole® and is not sponsored or sanctioned by the Pi-hole® team. As such, the included documentation does not contain information on how to get started with the Pi-hole DNS server. Rather, this documentation serves as a guide to help visualize the data in Splunk. Please visit https://pi-hole.net for documentation on installing/configuring your own Pi-hole server.
Pi-hole is and the Pi-hole logo are registered trademarks of Pi-hole LLC.
Visualize your Pi-hole in Splunk! If you've landed on this app, it's probably because you are running your own super awesome Pi-hole® server. If not, check it out! https://pi-hole.net/
This app works with the Pihole DNS Add-on add-on which provides the field extractions necessary for this app.
- Allows for easier troubleshooting of blocked queries.
- Prebuilt dashboards that allows you to drill-down to specific queries for further analysis.
- View daily trends and easily identify if queries are outside the month's norm.
- Test Regex filters before applying them on the Pi-hole server.
- View a list of all DHCP clients.
- Identify errors that may be a result of a misconfiguration.
- Check the DNS queries across all Pi-hole instances in a single place.
- View Allow and Deny filters setup across all Pi-hole servers.
- and more!
This documentation assumes the following:
- You have a working Pi-hole server.
- You have a working Splunk environment.
- Basic understanding of Splunk and Pi-hole.
- The Pihole DNS Add-on for Splunk has been installed and configured.
See Release Notes for version specific information.
|2.2.3 - Splunkbase | GitHub
|Vendor Product Version
|Pi-hole® 5.x, FTL 5.x